Avon Montessori Academy is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for students, staff, and our community while adhering to the traditional Montessori method.
We all share the responsibility of keeping our school healthy! This plan was developed using recommendations and guidance from Lorain County Public Health Department, Ohio Department of Health, ODJFS, ODE, CDC, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.
As a community, we want to practice and promote healthy behaviors that can reduce the spread of COVID-19, such as:
- Washing hands regularly
- Following physical distancing guidelines when applicable
- Watching for signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Testing for COVID-19 if you have any symptoms or have been exposed to the virus
- Staying home if you are sick
- Wearing a mask when applicable
Additionally, we have made physical updates to the school to help maintain a safe and healthy environment, including:
- Installing fresh air hoods on all HVAC units to bring in fresh air rather than circulate stale, existing indoor air
- Installing advanced iWave air purifiers on all HVAC units to eliminate 99.4% of airborne pathogens, including COVID-19
- Cleaning and sanitizing classroom materials, surfaces, and bathrooms throughout the day and every evening
- Professional cleaning service coming in to clean and disinfect the school regularly
For additional information or to receive a copy of our comprehensive Remain In School Plan, please reach out to our office at 440-934-1774. Our plan is flexible and could change depending on the course of the pandemic and new recommendations from professional health organizations.